Saturday, October 23, 2010

teach me how to dougie

i'm kind of already regretting that as my title name tonight but this is a lighthearted post and i honestly can't get that song out of my head...and even more honestly, i don't know that i want to get it out of my head necessarily. i may be totally out of line by saying this, but i think i would actually be able to teach someone how to dougie...or i could be completely delusional about my own dougie-ing skillz. but i digress.

so today i was in joveralls from 10 a.m. to midnight and loved every minute of it...literally the perfect pants...you never have to worry about your crack showing when you bend over, in my opinion they're business casual, and you could even potentially go topless whilst sporting these beauts. and mine are gorgeous. they're from gap, the perfect color, and about as curve excentuating as joveralls come these days. i got some looks, but i'm going to keep telling myself that any attention, is good attention.

i got a little crafty crazy today and decided i was going to make the trek over to michaels craft store (unfortunately, i have not found a hobby lobby in these neck of the woods)...michael's of course is second rate compared to the majestic world that is hobby lobby but it will do. it's not that far away but i'm already so sick of walking here because the cat calls are ridiculous. now, i'm not saying that i'm just looking so hot strutting my stuff up and down julian street and that's why i've been getting whistled at...i mean for god's sake i'm wearing overalls and grandma cardigans around this town. it's just that there's so many homeless men and they're delirious...so anything they see walking that has a somewhat girlish form, they decide is fair game...i actually think it's really annoying and degrading but i have to find humor in it so i don't get upset about it...but anyway, i decided to be a total bad ass and take this sub par mountain bike that stays in the backyard since i don't have my own bike yet...apparently i'm not supposed to use this bike due to the fact that it belongs to some ex-community member who doesn't want anyone using it, but doesn't care enough to come and get it...okay. so what did i do? i rode it of course! all the way to michael's...but i had to make a pitstop into target to get a bike lock because you just can't risk that kind of thing here. i brought the bike into target with me and apparently, you're not supposed to do that? maybe that's what the rows of bike racks outside the store are for? who knows...but me, being the bad ass that i am, did it anyway. i got stopped probably 5 times and had to explain each time why i was doing this...i used the whole "new in town", damsel in distress-esque and it seemed to work beautifully, so i'm going to do that for as long as possible if i get in any sort of a bind. after target i made my way over to michael's, locked up the bike and decided to get down and dirty in the crafting world. i picked out a bunch of stuff that i later realized was completely pointless for me to purchase so i discarded those items and got only the essentials of course. i got some paper i'm using to decoupage my lampshade and ribbon to glue along the edges of it. i also got these really cool black letters to hang on my wall that were only 40 CENTS a piece...can you believe that? i'm kind of going for a tree, nature sort of theme for my room and so i wanted to spell grow with the letters...of course they didn't have "o" so i decided to get a wooden "o" and just paint it this light green color and it actually looks really good so that's pleasing to me.

after leaving michael's, i walked next door to world market and treated myself to a pocahontas pez dispenser and an orange soda. we don't ever have soda in the house which has been good but i have to have my fix sometimes. i just miss the carbonation, ya know? when i got home i was estatic to see that my comforter had finally arrived! thanks nanny and poppa! i immediately ran up the stairs and stripped my bed...i put my new jersey fabric sheets on and then my fluffy down comforter and it's sooo comfortable...i'm laying in it right now and have to restrain myself from instantly burrying myself in the covers. such a good feeling to feel like it's officially "my" bed. 

by the way, the best song to take a leisurely bike ride to is suzie blue by ben harper...one of my favorites.

i love cj (the babe of the house)...she's such a blessing and brings me such joy every time i see her. today, brooke (her mom) told me that i'm so good with her and that all day she was asking where "aitin" was. that just made me feel so needed and special. i love how kids can do that without even meaning to; make someone feel needed and with purpose. spending time with cj makes me really excited about having kids one day and being an aunt (both of those things can wait a while)

i'm so sick of looking for a bike on craigslist...i know it's the cheapest way, but it's sure as hell not the most effective way. these are things i find on there and i can hardly believe what i'm reading:
"I got a 58 cm schwinn fixed gear fixie hipster bike.
Its painted gold really good paint job.
Very sexy.
Has
Giant seat black-very comfy
back deep v black-$80
front alex rim quick release feature-$50
gold crank arms-$65plus installation
vittoria tires new and tubes-$70
riser handbars and grips
This bike is straight up smashing
very nice colorway.
Will turn heads
will get you the girl youve been searching for....
Perfect ratio for quick acceleration yet fast pace when your tryna gett away from all the girl chasing you cause this bike is just so damn hot.
Will trade however for jordans nike sb blazers am1 am90 aerospoke or spinergy
skateboards proffesional ones only I dont want your walmart bizz. xbox 360
clothes made by supreme 10 deep lrg hundreds hats fitted that are supreme 10 deep lrg mishka all that good stuff
ipods as well but you NEED TO ADD CASH...
I Spent about $500 on the bike so far
$300 or best offer is what im selling for "

i mean i don't want to make any assumptions, but i'm pretty sure this guy is 100 percent serious. entertaining, but a little frustrating...and seriously, EVERYONE i see downtown has a "fixie"...meaning it has one fixed speed...it's this new (at least to me) hipster phenomenon and i don't get it.

also, i get to sleep in until 8 tomorrow! i never would have thought that i would ever utter those words but utter i did. see you cool cats on the flipside! later!

No comments:

Post a Comment