Tuesday, October 26, 2010

cry baby

that's what i think i am lately. a giant cry baby. if dorothy day were here i'm pretty sure she'd say something along the lines of "there's no crying in baseball!" although she's probably never seen a league of their own...i just always think of what a hardass she was whenever i get upset about something. all i'm sayin is i ain't no dorothy day. not even close. but i have decided that once this is all over and my time here is done, i'm goin out in style my friends.  that's right...in order to pay just homage to this tough as nailz broad who started this all and was an inspiration for me doing this (whatever it is that i'm doing...haven't quite figured it out yet) i need to do something real, well, hardcore. how's this for hardcore? a tattoo of her face on my left butt cheek.

ya know, i think she would have wanted it this way....and this is hilarious to me that i'm not only blogging about absurd things like this but the fact that i'm even blogging right now...i'm sure dorothy day would have something to say about that. maybe something like "get off your ass and do some work around this place." which is exactly what i'm going to do :)

2 comments:

  1. This morning I got an email from your Mama about your wonderful blog. I sat down and read every entry. You remind me of myself when I first became a nurse.....drove home EVERY night after work thinking about each and every patient and how come God could create such wonderful people then they end up with a devestating brain injury and wearing a depends. But I have come to realize that I can't change any of that. I can only do my job to the very best of my ability and make a differece in the person's healing. I am so proud of you Caitlin, you just keep doing what your doing to the best of your ability, those people dont realize how lucky they are! ( Just as you discovered about yourself when you first arrived there) Give them and yourself some time! Love, Mrs. Streeter

    ReplyDelete