Wednesday, January 5, 2011

you say you want a revolution

revolution...this is what i would like for my life in 2011. i want my life to be revolutionized. i want more than a few weird goals i keep for a month or two before getting bored with them.  i want more than to "be healthier" or "find a cool hobby"...i want to do things. i want to learn as much as i can about the world around me. i want to push myself farther (further?) than i've ever pushed myself before.

tomorrow i start my job at a school for special needs children in downtown st. louis.  i'm so nervous but so excited. i can't sleep and i have a pimple right above my lip because i internalize my stress. 

i'm so excited to live like i've never lived before. you know lately, i've been feeling like i want to go back...go back in time. back to highschool because quite honestly, i like my highschool self in a lot of ways a lot more than i like my current self.  but i heard a song today that really grabbed my attention. it said "and though my innocence was taken, not everything is lost."  i may not be as innocent as i once was, but i'm still excited about life and happy to be living it. i still have a lot to offer this world. and although i'm not really sure what that is or entails yet, i can't wait to find out....day by beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment