Wednesday, December 1, 2010

nothing fancy

today was a beautifully simple day.

i went walking with my mom in the morning. we walked to mass and we could see our breaths as we hurried along the sidewalk to make it to the church in time. we laughed as we walked to starbucks and she ordered her usual venti misto and got me a breakfast sandwich and whole milk. i smiled and made faces to a little boy across the room. then we walked home and showered. christmas shopping all day which was weirdly relaxing and leisurely. then tonight i went to adoration up at incarnate word and it was serene and beautiful. my youth minister spoke at adoration and he told us that we are the true gift of christmas. that we should give of ourselves because that's the greatest gift of all.  when he said that is wasn't a feeling a realization for me. it was something i already knew; already felt.  it was a nice feeling...like being reintroduced to a long lost friend. i love that god draws me close through these small ideas and comments. tiny triggers that bring me back to where i need to be. little gifts he gives me.simple, everyday gifts. i love simple. and i love falling in love with coldplay all over again. and i love christmas lights. that's why i love this song and that's why i want to share it with you.

link: http://www.coldplay.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment